Thursday, January 26, 2012

Vintage Photo from the 1930's

This is a vintage photo from my

Etsy Shop that I wanted to share with you!

I just love to look over this photo and spot all the ladies in

there Sunday dress.



















It is interesting that most are wearing hats and big hats at that!

But that was the fashion back then.

I am guessing this is maybe 1930's or earlier.

And there is only one man in the photo sitting down on the ground

in the middle. Who is the guy? Maybe it is a church meeting/social and he is the pastor.

And this must be a large church or at least large women's group.

Plus you can see a few children scattered about!

I wish I knew the history of this photo. I do know that I found it in a large box of old photos that belonged to my husband's aunt that passed away a couple of years ago. She had kept it in a closet on the top shelf along with other boxes of old photos.

She never had any children and when she and her husband passed away (he passed a few months before her), we took and sorted through these pictures.

I wished she had shown these to me and told me the stories of who they might be.

But as a result, I have saved many for my collection and decided to put some in my Etsy shop to sell. And if they do not sell, well I will keep them. I bet there is a story in there somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...