Monday, March 19, 2012

Strawberry Pie Season


I am not sure where the day went today,
I have managed to only get a couple of housekeeping things
done on my long list.

But I did get this lovely strawberry pie made.

When I make this pie recipe, it kinda reminds me of the
old Shoney's Strawberry Pie, but better.

I have had this recipe for about as long as we have been married
which will be 38 years in August! It is hard to
believe how the time has gone by!

Back to the recipe, it is pretty simple and I have listed it below.
Make sure your strawberries are nice and ripe.


The recipe calls for whole berries, but I always slice them up. 
It sure makes slicing the pie easier.

Strawberry Pie

1 qt. strawberries, washed and hulled.
1 c. sugar
1 c. water
3 T. cornstarch
one baked pie shell, it can be either pastry or graham

Take one cup of soft berries, the sugar, and 3/4 c. water.  Bring to boil in a sauce pan over medium heat, so that the sugar dissolves.  Run the berries through a sieve and return to the saucepan. 
Take 1/4 c. water and dissolve the cornstarch.  Add to the berry/sugar mixture, return to pan and cook to thickened.
Slice the strawberries if desired.  When the sauce has cooled slightly, add the strawberries and stir gently to coat.  Pour into the pie shell.  Let it cool in the refrigerator.
Top with whip cream, cool whip or your favorite topping.
Enjoy!! 
 






3 comments:

  1. This looks so yummy! Can it really be this easy?! I'd have been making these pies years ago. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natalie, it really is easy, the hardest part is waiting for the pie to cool in the frig so you can eat it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, YUM! You have sure flung a strawberry craving on me. I can hardly wait to try this!
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...