Monday, July 2, 2012

New Quilt Books

Just got some new quilt books in the mail the other day.


One of the books is actually an old book, but one I
have been looking for a while.
I am so excited about Civil War quilts and the history
behind them. 
A dear friend introduced me to the
'Dear Jane' quilt a couple of years ago.
While I didn't realize it at first, I was
falling in love with the stories and women behind the quilts.
Both North and South
My friend had already finished a lot of the Dear Jane squares and if you
haven't seen the quilt, you can find it online.  There is so much
involved in working on just one small square.
I am busy collecting civil war fabric to start mine one day.
In the mean time I started cutting our hexagons in civil war fabric.
I still have a lot more hexagons to go.
I may just make a wall hanging...will see.
Here is a picture of the fabrics I have cut out so far.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...